Section 1 of 3: Terms and Conditions
1. Duration: The duration of this contract will be from the undersigned date until a future date determined by Customer’s individual status and payment method, as selected by Customer in Appendix A.
2. Billing: University of South Carolina-Columbia Campus faculty and staff members paying via payroll deductions will pay for the entire academic year and summer months. Other faculty and staff members will pay a monthly fee. Student fees will cover entire semester(s) paid at the time of signing, with additional fees applied for summer months access. Unaffiliated individual Customers will pay monthly. See and complete Appendix A and any additional documentation necessary.
3. Vehicle Information: Customer is required to provide Innovista with current and accurate personal contact information, vehicle description and registration information, and driver’s license information. It is Customer’s responsibility to notify and keep Innovista updated to any changes to this information. If Innovista is unable to contact Customer due to incorrect information provided by Customer, any fees or penalties that result from the lack of communication will be Customer’s sole responsibility.
4. Access Card: Contract parking provides Customer with ‘in and out’ privileges at any time during operational hours via access card. While access is provided for, there is no guarantee of an available parking space. Unauthorized parking in any reserved or otherwise designated space can result in Customer’s vehicle being towed. Any Customer using lost, modified, or unauthorized access cards may be subject to towing and/or termination of parking privileges. The cost of a replacement card due to loss or damage will be $25.
5. Event Mode: Contract parking fee does not include access when the garage is in Event Mode outside of the regular business hours during the work week. “Event Mode” is defined as being when vehicles pay entry fees upon entering the garage as opposed to exiting. “Regular Business Hours” are defined as 8 am – 5 pm EST. “Work Week” is defined as Monday – Friday.
6. Conduct: Customer that engages in any of the below behaviors may have their parking privileges terminated by Innovista at any time with no refunds of any kind:
a. Repeatedly ignoring posted signs and instructions in the garage;
b. Aiding or abetting others in the evasion of paying parking fees;
c. Engaging in reckless behavior that endangers other Customers, vehicles, or garage staff; or
d. Failing or refusing to treat garage staff with professional courtesy.
7. Liability: Innovista assumes no responsibility for loss of or damage to any vehicle or its contents for any reason. Vehicles should be kept locked and valuables stored out of sight at all times while in the facility. No employee can vary our liability or accept valuables for safekeeping. Parking in 821 Park Street Garage or 519 Main Street Garage is done solely at Customer’s risk.
8. Termination: When requesting a cancellation of pre-paid contract parking, agreement will be terminated on the next first day of a calendar month regardless of the cancel date unless otherwise mutually agreed upon by the operator and Customer. In no event shall Customer be entitled to a refund of pre-paid rental where such termination is initiated by Customer.